These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Custom document properties not transferring from Word 2007

svelasco
Answered

Hello,

I have installed Acrobat Pro 8.1.2 with Office 2007 on my Windows XP machine. I have created some Word templates with both "General" document properties, and "custom" document properties. When I attempt to convert the Word 2007 document to PDF using the "Fully Functional" option, the custom properties do not transfer. The only way to have them transferred is to use the "Quick & simple" option. Bug ? Feature ? Any explanations ? Something i've overlooked perhaps ?

Thanks.

Stephen.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.2, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Check to make sure that the "Convert Document Information" checkbox is selected in the Change Converstion Settings of the Adobe PDFMaker macro. It sounds as though this is selected in one location but not the other.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

svelasco
Thanks for your suggestionn.

Unfortunately it is not the case here. In both cases the "convert document information" checkbox has been selected. But the custom metadata only appears with the "Quick & Simple" option.Looking under "Additional metadata" in the pdf document properties, then choosing "Advanced" I can see that the custom metadata is stored under "http://ns.adobe.com/pdfx/1.3/" - but, again, ONLY when using "Quick & simple", otherwise it is blank (actually, you can see the my company's name, but perhaps that's brought in using another process because i've never added it manually)Another new suggestions or help would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks again.
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
I think you've encountered an issue here. Can you report this at:
http://www.acrobatusers.com/forums/aucbb/viewtopic.php?id=1890

Thanks.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

svelasco
Just reported it as a potential bug as per your suggestion. Thank for the help. I hope this helps improve the product.

Keeping my fingers crossed !
jennifer.sciullo
Has this issue been resolved? My Custom Properties from Word 2007 are reverting back to the defaults upon export to Adobe Acrobat 8.2.2 Professional and can be duplicated in an associate's version of 9.