These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Drag-n-drop into AutoCad 2006

stp8193

Hi All, I'm dragging-n-dropping pdf files into AutoCad 2006 but the text & images look terrible (at the fringe of legibility). The most important issue is being able to bring text that looks perfect in Acrobat look just as good after I drag-n-drop. If I could also get the spec pages I download from manufaturers looking good too, I'd be real happy. I've tried as many setting changes as I could try in acrobat/acad/distiller and still the same unacceptable quality. Thanks to anyone who can help.

tedpadova
ExpertTeam
Hmmmm. this may be a bug if you indeed changed all your Distiller Job Settings. Try to use the PDF Maker in AutoCAD and see if that changes anything. If not, you might need to contact Adobe Technical Support.

ted

The author of numerous books on Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe Creative Suite, and an international speaker on Adobe Acrobat, Ted Padova is a well-known PDF guru.

wallnerme
Hi,
I'm using Acrobat Pro 7.0 and I've had mixed success with "cutting" an Adobe image using the snapshot tool, or the "Edit -Copy File to Clipboard" command, then "Cntrl-V" pasting into AutoCAD 2007. You need to go into Acrobat's "Edit -Preferences -General" menu and check "Use fixed resolution for snapshots", then set the d.p.i. value around 300 first, to get really good results.
The only problem I'm having with this right now is that, though the image and the print preview look fine, I can't get the image to actually show on a plot. If you figure THAT out, let me know...

Mark Wallner
tedpadova
ExpertTeam
Hmmm. We may have to play with this a bit to find out what works. As a starter, try this. Capture the image and save as PDF. Open a context menu with the TouchUp Object tool and choose Place Image in your drawing PDF file. Choose File > Save As and rewrite the file after placing the image. Try to print and let me know the results you get.ted

The author of numerous books on Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe Creative Suite, and an international speaker on Adobe Acrobat, Ted Padova is a well-known PDF guru.