These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Excel chart in 2003 Word converts incorrectly with Adobe

psoberg

I'm working on our school's accreditation proposal. I'm responsible for creating the self-study, which analyzes the test data of our students. I've created an Excel workbook with spreadsheets for each grade level test scores. From these scores, I've created an Excel bar chart from data in each of the spreadsheets. I've used the same process to create 10 different charts.

I have copied and pasted the charts into a 2003 Word document as pictures. Same process, same Excel bar chart properties - no problems. When I convert the entire Word document to .pdf, most of the charts display identically to the original Word document. But 3 of them have weird anomalies - 2 charts show really thick borders on the bars and 1 chart has the thick border around the entire chart.

I've worked the charts numerous times, but there isn't anything wrong on the Excel side. I've created just the single page in .pdf form, but each time, I get the same issue. Why would 7 charts in the same Word document convert correctly, but 3 display problems?

Regards,
Pamela

lkassuba
ExpertTeam
What version of Acrobat and OS are you using?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

psoberg
lkassuba,
Thank you for your reply. I'm using Adobe 7.0 and WinXP. I actually resolved this issue. Apparently, there was some sort of anomaly in the creation of the Excel charts. I revisited the data and recreated the charts, at least 3 times each, and was able to generate a chart that, upon copying/pasting to Word, converted correctly in Adobe.

Now, the bar graph charts all have the same weight in bar borders, as well as outside chart border. I cannot explain the correction, as I did not reset any chart parameters. But, at least my document now displays conformity for distribution - my ultimate goal.

Thank you for your interest in my posting.

Regards,
Pamela