These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Fujitsu S500M ScanSnap Scanner and Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro OCR bug

guymccool

RE: Fujitsu ScanSnap S500M and Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 (MAC)

The output of every single page that is "OCRed".....has a corrupted horizontal string of "partial text" across the center of each page.

Apparently Adobe has said it's a Fujitsu Scansnap Manager problem...and Fujitsu's latest version of English ScanSnap Manager is 2.0 L11...which doesn't fix the problem.

I'm running OS X 10.4.9 on a PowerMac G4 933mhz system 1.5 gigs of RAM.

Does anyone know of a "patch" or workaround for this problem? It appears from one caller's response that Fujitsu is in no hurry to fix the problem.

The Acrobat 7 Std. that came with the scanner is horribly slow during OCR...and less accurate than the OCR engine in the Acrobat 8 Pro product....but this error doesn't occur in Acrobat 7 Std...with exactly the same set of scanned text pages.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8, Macintosh
pddesigner
Have you solved this problem? If not, please send all available details to me and I will refer it to my associate who is a Mac expert with Acrobat. Email to [url=mailto:pdfdesign [at] msn [dot] com]pdfdesign [at] msn [dot] com[/url]

My favorite quote - "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

pddesigner
Here are some sources for more information:

Click this link: [url=http://www.adobe.com/support/acrobat/]http://www.adobe.com/support/acrobat/[/url]

Click Advanced Search. From the list, select Acrobat Professional.
In the Search for box, type OCR, then hit Search.

Download the trial version of Acrobat. Install it.

From the Help menu on the Menu Bar, click Complete Acrobat Help, click the Search option and type in OCR.

You might also want to take some time to study about Pre-Press for commercial printing.

My favorite quote - "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.