These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

((Help)) Acrobat 9 Pro !110 jpg Files Merged Into Single PDF Headache!

fredy

Hi if someone can help me I will be forever grateful! I have 110 jpg files in a file folder on my mac running OS X 10.5.8 which i had hoped to assemble into a PDF for an important presentation. I confess page numbering repeatedly falling out of sequence had me up all night. Finally, I managed to fix it between using Os X "Preview" and Acrobat 9 Pro 9.3.3, "Pages" Panel. Each jpg File is Numbered as a Page with a description of the image. Perhaps, being inexperienced and sleepless up against a deadline of 4AM tomorrow isn't helping matters. (Unfortunately, Europe is 6 hours ahead of us)

In a folder I had each jpg file named and painstakingly numbered in correct sequence. (Although for some reason they keep rearranging themselves out of sequence). In any event, they are numbered along with an accompanying text description.
Each actually represents a page from our paper catalog.

For example:
Page i_ Cover
Page 1_Introduction to Company
Page 2_Our Product Line
Page 3_Color Options
and so forth.

However, I can't seem to get things Right! ALL That Keeps Happening is that the PAGES ARE NUMBERED PERIOD!
Meanwhile,
1.I've tried "Create Pdf" selecting "From A File" and chose Select All
2.I tried "Combine" selecting "Merge Files Into a Single PDF" worked great visually But realized I only have One PDF a description limited to one Document.
3.I've tried "Create PDF" then Batch Create Multiple Files.
4.I've tried Merge Files Into A Single PDF
5.I tried Creating a PDF Portfolio by going back to my computers file folders and choosing "Select All". In this instance 110 Individual PDF Files (which I'd obviously converted amidst all my adventures). Upon dragging them into the PDF Portfolio Window the next thing I knew I had a desktop overflowing with 110 individual PDF's!

Sadly, I managed to do this exercise in futility repeatedly, over the past 2 days. All the while feeling that any moment my laptop is going to burst at the seams. I resorted to closing them one, by one, Over and Over again!

I am sitting here looking at my screen with Acrobat open to my Created PDF and I see in the Pages Pane each of my 110 "PAGES"
They are Numbered 1-110 Period. None of the necessary text descriptions appear. The Only description is the assigned PDF File Name appearing at the top of the screen :(

Can someone here Please help me? Please, walk me through and educate me on What it is I actually need/must do, in effort to Create a PDF displaying both the Page Numbers and Text Descriptions on each page? I have seriously googled myself dizzy ;(

(I'd started out viewing these individual file images/pages in CS4 Bridge but soon realized I couldn't actually freely move them around. And for some reason the sequence keeps getting rearranged -Out of Order. You evidently can't assemble a document and can only view files? Why couldn't adobe have included this feature and then allowed export to acrobat for pdf creation?)

I am also wondering - How does one create a Pdf Portfolio if the pages/images/docs refuse to actually remain in the sequence they are dropped? You can't freely move them around and "Assemble" pages as you wish, OR am I just an absolute Idiot!?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. Truly Most Sincerely!
Regards,
fredy

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.3.1, Macintosh
Merlin
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
Hi,

I'm not sure to really understand the issue…

But you should try that : select all JPGs in the Finder, so drag them onto the Acrobat icon (in the dock or in the Finder window), Acrobat will ask you to merge all JPGs into a single PDF file => OK
This will retains all JPGs files names in the pages panel.

;)
fredy
hi Merlin,
You are my hero!
I sure took the scenic route and managed to get lost along the way!! Thank you So Much for rescuing me! I can't thank you enough!!!