These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Lotus Notes 8.0.2 and Acrobat 8 - missing PDFMaker toolbar

andskj

In Lotus Notes 7 I used Arcobat 8 from inside Notes.
I upgraded to Notes 8.0.2 and reinstallad Acrobat 8.
after upgrade and reinstalls, the PDFMaker was nowhere to be found.
A tecnote "PDmaker is not available in Lotus Notes ( Acrobat 8 on Windows)" suggested a number of solutions. However, none of them seemed to help.
The question is now: "is the PDFMaker toolbar supported in Notes 8.0.2"?
Thanks...

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 8.1.2, Windows
drubinoff
I'm having the same problem with Acrobat 9 Pro. Can't get the PDF buttons to show in Notes.
Abhi
andskj - Acrobat 8 doesnt support Notes 8.x version .

drubinoff - Repair of Acrobat 9.0 installtion should solve your issue . You can do this from Help->Repair Acrobat Installation , menu option in Acrobat .
andskj
Abhi,

So I need to purchase Acrobat 9 to use it inside Notes 8.0.2?

Anders
drubinoff
Tried using the repair function in Acrobat. Still don't get the options in the Actions button.
gkaiseril
Expert
Check the Acrobat Knowledge Base under Acrobat Support on Adobe.com and see if Lotus Notes # is supported or some security setting in Lotus Notes needs to be changed. Adobe has been busy getting a product to support MS Office 2007 supported because of MS changing the appliction scrlipting and even then you need to enable the Acrobat addin that is disabled by default.

Acrobat 8 works with Lotus Notes 6.5, and my employer is not updating to version 8.

George Kaiser

Abhi
andskj wrote:
Abhi,So I need to purchase Acrobat 9 to use it inside Notes 8.0.2?

Anders
Yes Anders You should upgrade your Acrobat's version .

Abhi
Abhi
drubinoff wrote:
I'm having the same problem with Acrobat 9 Pro. Can't get the PDF buttons to show in Notes.
drubinoff ,

Can you please tell if PDF buttons stopped showing in Notes after any upgradation , or they are not present since the 1'st install itself ?

You can also try out steps mentioned in -

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=333476

Ley me know if it helps .

~Abhi
pavol
Hello,

I did the steps mentioned in
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=333476

and it worked good for Adobe Professional 9.x
but I have a problem with one 8.3.0 installation. Since I have only one user with this version I am not sure, if this is a problem of his local configuration only, or a general issue..
Anyway, I have even tried to reinstall Lotus Notes (The first time in years, that I really tried to solve a LN problem with reinstall.. ) If there are any other ideas how to solve the problem, they will be highly appreciated :)

Hint -> if the solution in the kb did not work -> go to appwiz.cpl -> update Adobe Acrobat x.x.x Professional -> create pdf -> PDFmaker -> uninstall lotus notes addon, then the same procedure to install it back.. if notes.ini is set correctly, then this should refresh the settings and solve the problem