These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Problem scanning with Acrobat Std. 8.1.4: does not find scanner

grtoro

Hi,

I am using Acrobat Std 8.1.4 on XP Pro SP3 with a Canon MP530 scanner. This problem developed a month or so ago, without any change in the hardware.

The first time I scan from an Acrobat session, the scanner works fine and I can scan as many pages as I want.

The problem comes if I want to scan again during the same session (to create a new pdf or to append to an existing pdf). After I do Create Pdf|from Scanner and I press scan, I get the following error:

"Error while interacting with scanner: the selected scanner was not found."

and I have to exit all acrobat sessions and re-start Acrobat in order to scan again.

Again, nothing in my hardware has changed. The only changes are the many updates from Adobe and from M$ that have come out in the last few months.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Gabriel

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 8.1.2, Windows
grtoro
Any suggestion from Acrobat or Twain gurus?

Any ideas on how to begin diagnosing the problem?

Thanks.
jamesbruce
grtoro, I have just downloaded Acrobat 9 as a trial. My first effort to scan was delightful: 2 side scanning built in. I'm used to Acrobat 7. That was yesterday. Now, I'm getting the same message you describe above with the default scanner being "TWAIN". When I try switching scanners to the HP Office Jet Pro L7650 (the only other one on the drop-down scanner setup list), now I get the message that the selected scanner cannot support the presets. I've looked at the presets and they all seem to be normal. I've changed them to single page scanning, and turned off OCR recognition, to no avail. I've rebooted everything to no avail. THEN, I go to the user group forum and find your request dated April and May and see no response. Did you ever get this resolved? Thanks.