These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Problems with Acrobat 8.0 on Server 2008

RJSB

Hi, I was hoping someone here could help me. I'm having a really difficult time troubleshooting this really strange problem. I'm trying to run Acrobat 8 on a Windows Server 2008 (Terminal Server) with Office XP installed. Here are the details:

1) Everything is functioning with the local admin account as well as the domain admin account (only the one actually named administrator). Every other account including other domain admin accounts are having problems.

2) The other accounts cannot print to the Adobe PDF printer with any application, notepad, word, excel etc. It either hangs on the conversion screen or doesn't do anything.

3) If I open Acrobat and create a PDF from there then it works for everything (pictures, txt) except MS Office files.

At first I thought it was a permissions problem, but the other domain admin accounts are having this problem as well. I've updated everything and I don't really know what else try. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.0, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
There is a known issue with WTS that if the "Enable Advanced Printing Features" check box is selected in the Adobe PDF Printer, printing to the Adobe PDF Printer will fail. Clear this check box. To do so, open Printers and Faxes in Control Panel. Then, right-click Adobe PDF Printer, and choose Properties. On the Advanced tab, clear the EnableAdvanced Printing Features check box, and then click OK.

Also, do you have the following Hotfix installed? This could be the problem as well.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=952909

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

RJSB
Hi, Thanks for your reply. The "Enable Advanced Printing Features" check box was already unchecked. In fact I tried to print straight to the printer without spooling and it still didn't work. Really strange error, any other ideas?
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Did you update from 8.0 to 8.1.2 using the Help menu? If so, you many need to uninstall Acrobat, then install 8.1.0 from the support download site here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows then use the auto-update feature to upgrade to 8.1.2.Seems there was an issue using the auto-update feature and folks not being able to print from 32-bit applications (i.e., Notepad).

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.