These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Slow creation of PDF from PowerPoint 2007 using Acrobat Distiller

EnvSci

My organization is in the process of switching from Office 2003 to Office 2007. We regularly create PhotoAlbums using PowerPoint, and then create PDF files using Acrobat Distiller (it shows up on our computers as a printer choice). We have to print the Notes Pages view to capture inspection comments.

The conversion to a PDF file is very fast from PowerPoint 2003, it "prints" at the same speed as a regular printer. Distiller is incredibly slow when printing from PowerPoint 2007!!! I've timed it at one minute per slide. I've tried using the pptx file format as well as the ppt, no difference. Also opened up the same ppt file on a computer with PowerPoint 2003, Distiller whipped the PDF file out in seconds.

Distiller seems to work fine with Word 2007, it wasn't slow at all.

We use Windows XP Professional. I'm not sure what version of Acrobat, couldn't find that information anywhere. We don't have Acrobat installed on individual computers, as I said before Acrobat Distiller is listed as another printer.

I'm at my wits end, any suggestions on resolving this speed issue? Thanks for your time.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 8.1.7, Windows
daka630
Expert
A quick natter of observation -

It sounds like you are using Distiller Server.
If so, you may need to upgrade to Distiller Server 8.

Be well...

Be well...

EnvSci
I'll contact our IT people and ask what version we're using. Thanks!