These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Unable to create PDF files for Office 2010

SirMan

I have windows 7, Office 2010 & Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.2.5. I have been unale create a PDF file from my Word, Excel, Internet Exployer 8 & Powerpoint files for the last 2 weeks.

I have tried reintallation of Acrobat Prof without success.

I have tried creating using 3 different methods - from 1. the toolbar in Office app and IE, 2. for Explorer by right clicking on the file, 3. From inside Acrobat creating a PDF form a file.

Each time the PDG createstarts "Save As PDF File -> Converting to PDF hangs after Scanning for Hyperlinks is done" in all 3 PDF creation methods

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.7, Windows
UVSAR
Expert
The PDFMaker plugins with Acrobat 8 and 9 are not supported by Office 2010 - for a compatible plugin you'll have to wait for the release of Acrobat X. It also seems that there was an update to Office 2010 rolled out a couple of weeks back which has impacted on those features of legacy Acrobat which did still work.
daka630
Expert
The knowledge base article:
"Acrobat PDF-capable web browsers and PDFMaker-compatible applications (Acrobat 6.x - 9.x on Windows and Mac OS"
has been recently updated to include Acrobat X (content updated, title got missed).

The listing identifies Acrobat PDF - capable web browsers and PDFMaker - compatible applications.

Link to the documenthttp://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333504.php
(Doc ID: 333504)

Be well...