These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

When is Acrobat and Office 2007 going to be resolved

mjbcohoes

Issue: PDFMaker buttons are not installed.
Solution: Create PDF files using print to Adobe PDF in Microsoft Office.

Issue: In Windows explorer right clicking on an Office file to create a PDF file will fail

Issue: In Acrobat using File > Create PDF from File > and chosing an Office file will fail

Issue: In Windows Explorer or Acrobat combining Office files into a single Acrobat PDF file will fail.
Solution: Once files are created with printing to Adobe PDF printer combine them using Acrobat 8's combine PDF feature.

tedpadova
ExpertTeam
Adobe has formally announce an upgrade to Acrobat 8.0 in the Spring of 2007. Look for an upgrade to fix all the problems with MS Vista and the Office 2007 applications.

Stay tuned to Acrobat Users and we'll post an announcement as soon as we become aware of the precise release date.

ted

The author of numerous books on Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and the Adobe Creative Suite, and an international speaker on Adobe Acrobat, Ted Padova is a well-known PDF guru.

Merlin
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
I hope this will fix the OCR issue in the Mac OS version...

bettyjones
I am using Microsoft Word 2007 and Adobe 7.0. I have not been able to convert a Word doc. to an accessible W3C compliant tagged, bookmarked PDF using the print to Adobe PDF. Is there a way make an accessible PDF using Word 2007 and Adobe 7.0?
gkaiseril
Expert
Adobe has released the patch for version 8. There is update planned for version 7.

George Kaiser

bettyjones
Has Adobe offered a patch for Acrobat 7.0 to allow PDFs to be created and tagged using Mocrosoft Word 2007?
gkaiseril
Expert
From their support post for Vista support, probably not.

http://www.adobe.com/support/products/pdfs/adobe_products_and_windows_vista.pdf

George Kaiser