These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Word 2003 SP3 save as PDF Add-in

mikepnl
Answered

I have Acrobat Pro 9 on Windows XP. I deleted the PDF add-in in Word 2003, and now conversion from Word 2003 to pdf does not work, both in Word and Acrobat. I deleted and reinstalled Acrobat 9, but this did not reinstate of pdf conversion capability.

I found add-in for Word 2007, but not for Word 2003. Is the add-in for Word 2003 available? Thanks.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.0, Windows
daka630
Expert
This Adobe TechNote may help -
[url]http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=330984[/url]

Acrobat 9 does support use Office 2003.
This Adobe blog post is very useful re: PDFMaker - Office compatibility.

[url=http://blogs.adobe.com/pdfitmatters/2008/12/version_compatibility_of_acrob.php]Version Compatibility of Acrobat PDFMakers[/url]

You stated that you deleted Acrobat 9 then re-installed it.
If a literal statement,this may be part of the problem.

Should you need to remove Acrobat always -
--| Deactivate

--| Use the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs to remove.Prior to this, try Help > Repair...Be well...

Be well...

mikepnl
The Adobe TechNote contained the solution:

Solution 1: Remove Adobe PDF from the Disabled Items list in the Microsoft Office application.
1. Open the Microsoft Office program (Word, Excel, Publisher, or Excel).
2. Go to Help > About [program name].
3. Click Disabled Items.
4. Select Adobe PDF from the list and click Enable.
5. Quit the Microsoft Office program and then restart it.

Solution 1 restored the pdf conversion function in Word 2003 and in Abrobat 9. Thanks for quick response and a good fix. The computer support in my company was stumped by this problem.

Also, I found PDFMWord.dll and other PDFM files in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\PDFMaker\Office\. I'm guessing these are the add-ins the make pdf conversion possible.
dcm
I have a Gateway laptop with Vista OS and recently installed the free Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard, but certain websites that open a document as a pdf have a "save as" icon, but when I click on it, it will not save it to my computer, nothing happens. Before I "upgraded" to 9.0., I had no problem in saving the documents. The documents are documents that I must routinely down load from my local court's website. HELP.