These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

8.1.3 Update prevents multiple page printing from Crackerjack

RussJones

Hello,

Immediately after I applied the 8.1.3 update last week I have been unable to print more than 1 page at a time to our RIP using Crackerjack.

If I ask for 'All Pages' I get just page 1. If I ask for "Pages 3-10" I get just page 3.

My colleague also has a version of Crackerjack but didn't apply the update and is still on 8.1.2.

Needless to say he can print to our RIP just fine.

We are both using Acrobat Pro on XP Pro SP3.

I see from various other threads & forums that this update has caused other people printing problems as well although they seem to mainly using Vista.

Can anyone offer any possible solution?

Russ

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.2, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Have you recently installed Reader or Acrobat 9? Sometimes this will cause conflicts.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

RussJones
Thank you Ikassuba

No I haven't installed Reader or Acrobat 9.

Russ
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Without knowing the details on how Crackerjack communicates with Acrobat, my guess would be that the security enhancements made with the 8.1.3 updates could be the issue. Here are the details of the [url=http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb407016&sliceId=1]8.1.3 update[/url]. Here are the details of the [url=http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb08-19.php]8.1.3 security update[/url].Also, Acrobat/Reader 9 are not vulnerable to these same issues. So you might try Reader 9 -- but remember not to install it in conjunction with earlier versions of Acrobat/Reader. An isolated test system might be the best alternative if possible.

My suggestion would be to forward these details to Crackerjack and ask if these could cause the issue you're having.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

RussJones
Thank you Ikassuba,

I have posted on the Crackerjack forum but without any answers to my problem.

I think that Crackerjack (By Arts) is not compatible with the latest update so I think I'll go back to 8.1.2.

Is there an easy way to do this or will I have to completely uninstall Acrobat and re-install.

If I do have to un-install completely, do you know if there will be any legacy left over of the 8.1.3 update which could prevent me from correcting this current problem?

Thank you for your help so far.

Russ