These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat 8 Standard and MS Word 2003 problem

Kirko

Got a problem that continues to produce itself. The applications are used on a XP professional OS with SP2

When I open a word document and use the macro shortcut to produce a pdf, the process doesn't complete propertly and leaves part of the process unfinished. When I try to reopen the Word document, the PC reports that it is in use and can't be opened? The only thing I can do is reboot the PC to rectify the problem.

If I produce a PDF from within the file register I don't have the same problem. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a patch or something that can be applied?

Thanks

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 8.0, Windows
dbaker
Expert
Hi --

I'd recommend you repair the installation. Choose Help > Repair Acrobat Installation and let the program correct any errors it may find.donna.

A prolific author and writer of many Acrobat books, as well as books on graphic and Web design software.
Donna lives on a lakeshore in central Canada, where all manner of wildlife from muskrats to coyotes come to call.