These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobate prints only first page on a networked HP 4500N

samx

Acrobat (4-8, reader or writer) prints only first page of pdf files on a networked HP-4500N laser printer. Prints complete file with connected PC but not with networked PCs (Windows XP Pro). No problems with any other type of files - word/images/spreadsheets/etc etc; they all print fine on networked printer. Can you suggest anything other than switching to connected PC for printing or talking to HP since it only happens with pdf files?

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.0999999999999996447286321199499070644378662109375, Windows
Sqrlzrus
We have the same problem on our network printing to an HP 5000DN.

All multi-page pdfs only print first page.

ONLY machines running XP Pro and either current version of Acrobat reader or Acrobat Pr (8.1)

These workstations can print all other multi-page file types (word, XLS, etc)

These workstations CAN print multipage pdfs to another networked printer (Brother MFC 8840D)

~I sure hope I don't make a fool of myself today, but if I do I hope it is funny!

hawleyr
I've got the same problem printing to a Xerox Phaser 7300 and an imageRunner 3300 by Canon. I tried printing both printers' PCL and PS drivers and only the first page (XP Pro SP2). What's really annoying is that we also have a new HP Color Laserjet 3505x (I believe) and everything prints fine to it from Acrobat 8.1.2 Pro.

I've tried Acrobat Reader 8 as well and no luck there. I will tell you that Xerox told me to click the Advanced button on the bottom of the Print dialog box and select Print as Image. In Pro unless you select 300dpi it looks like crap. The other problem is that it takes forever to rip and print one copy.

People running Acrobat Pro 7 have no problem printing the same document either to PCL or PS drivers to either of our printers. Obviously Acrobat 8 is screwing customers over making some older print drivers out of date. Neither my Phaser nor my imageRunner have new drivers available but the new HP laserjet we bought 4 months ago works?! I think this has to be the issue since "Print As Image" resolves the problem. Something isn't translating properly between 8 and old print drivers.

Rather than shell out 4k for a new printers, I'll just unload Acrobat 8 and go back to 7. PS, Patching did nothing to fix the problem.