These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Adobe Reader 10.0.1 crashing my laptop

JABarber

Suddenly Adobe Reader 10.0.1 is crashing my laptop every time I try to print a pdf. I'm pretty sure it is the reader because I can print Word documents with no trouble.
Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1
Lexmark E250dn printer through a home wireless router (Netgear WPA-PSK, 802.11g).

My Product Information:
Reader 10.0.1, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Does this happen on all PDFs or just certain ones? Can you print as image under the Advanced button?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

JABarber
I has happened with multiple PDFs and even when printing as an image.
Fully
Since I downloaded the 10.0.1 version, it has increased the printing waiting time quite a bit and it is to the point I have to close the application. Is it something someone else experienced after installing this version. I don't have the same issue with any other documents. My printer is an HP officejet 8500 and I am operating with Windows XP service pack 3.
jspurr01
I recently upgraded my OS (SP1 on Windows 7), Reader (10.0.1), and my printer driver (the latest HP2600n). It doesn't crash my laptop, but it aborts Reader every time with "Adobe Reader has stopped working". Using the Print As Image does the same thing. I now have to email pdfs to an old Win XP machine on the network to print to the same printer. All other apps print fine. All pdfs have behave the same.

Any ideas?