These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Adobe Reader 9.3.1 won't print

MBLA

Since the latest upgrade, my co-worker can no longer print different pdfs opened first by Adobe reader to our KIP 3002.

Her OS is XP Pro, Sp3. When we attempt to print to the wide format driver, Adobe hangs up and cannot switch to the correct driver. We tried making it the default printer so we didn't have to switch and then it would hang after hitting the print menu button.

We've tried putting the KIP driver directly on her hard drive, and no luck.

Prior to the latest upgrade, she could print just fine to the KIP 3002.

Appreciate your help.

My Product Information:
Reader 9.3, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Have you tried repairing your Reader installation (under the Help menu) to see if it corrects the problem?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

MBLA
Yes, I did. I even uninstalled Adobe 9 completely and reinstalled.

Thank you for replying to my question. I have since discovered that Adobe 9 reader is not the problem. I figure you're not surprised. What my co-worker didn't remember was that at the time she updated her Adobe 9 reader, I had just installed a new anti-virus on all of our computers. The culprit was a process in the anti-virus, that when killed, allows her to print just fine.

Haven't worked out the permanent answer with the provider yet. Still hope this helps anyone else struggling with this issue.
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
MBLA wrote:
Yes, I did. I even uninstalled Adobe 9 completely and reinstalled.Thank you for replying to my question. I have since discovered that Adobe 9 reader is not the problem. I figure you're not surprised. What my co-worker didn't remember was that at the time she updated her Adobe 9 reader, I had just installed a new anti-virus on all of our computers. The culprit was a process in the anti-virus, that when killed, allows her to print just fine.

Haven't worked out the permanent answer with the provider yet. Still hope this helps anyone else struggling with this issue.
Thanks for posting your solution.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.