These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Cannot print more than one page from a Acrobat 8.1.0 document

vinnied

Cannot print more than one page from a Acrobat 8.1.0 document

PDF is made in InDesign CS3,

if i go backwards to InDesign Cs2 make the same pdf it prints fine

Printer Cannon 1160
Rip PSNX 800

MacOSX 10.4.10 2x2.66 Ghz Dual-core intel

Vinnie

vinnied
Hi isaacs

All PDF's is made in InDesign CS3, and printed from Acrobat CS3

Error is

ERROR: undffined
OFFENDING COMMAND: get
STACK:
/o
-dictionary-
vinnied
With Postscript error turned on

ERROR: undefinedresource
OFFENDING COMMAND: findresource
STACK:

/CSA
/O
/CSA
-mark-
/9
Jorge_CNL
I have reproduced this error on Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional and Reader. If I go back to my old version of Pro (v6) I do not get this error. I am still testing and looking for a v7 of Pro to verify if that version reproduces the error.

Note: I'm printing to a Cups server, printing directly from unix results in a good printout without errors.
bmckim
Having the same exact problem. Has only been occurring since the upgrade to Acrobat 8.0 Standard. The Printer is a CLC4000
marikonakanishi
Same problem occuring. Outlook message printed to Adobe PDF prints only one page. Acrobat 8 Professional (came with InDesign CS3) is installed on the computer.
wmwilker
I'm also having this problem in V. 8 Acrobat Pro (CS3)
Is there no fix for this?
I've used Acrobat Pro to create my documents but I have to print from Reader.
shchin2002
Did you export the pdf in the indesign cs3 with preset pdf/x:2001 ? if not please try it, for i know those postscript error message are showing you using the pdf version 1.4 or above.
Sqrlzrus
I am having the same problem on a network with printing from any machines with XP with most current version of Acrobat - and only printing to HP 5000DN.

Only the first page of any multi-page pdf will print.

I tested on another network printer (Brother MFC8840D) and that works okay - although that is not the default printer for users because it does not duplex and it is the main fax.

All other applications print multiple pages just fine and any workstations with older versions of acrobat print just fine (all pages).

I opened a case on it but everything we have tried to date has not resolved the issue and although the responses there have been exceedingly polite they have not been very helpful. (Update drivers and try PCL drivers , try postscript divers)

sigh....

Thanks for this forum - this is my first time trying it.

This is any pdf - either created here or elsewhere. And I am not getting any errors.

~I sure hope I don't make a fool of myself today, but if I do I hope it is funny!

Anfo
After numerous hours spent on troubleshooting the same problem I just found a solution that worked for us.

In Printer preferences, select Advanced, press the +-sign at Postscript Options and choose Optimize for Speed instead of Encapsulted PostScript.

This worked on our XP-clients with Acrobat 7-8.

Hope it will help someone.
marlobello
Anfo

This worked for me. I had the user switch from "Optimize for Portability" to "Optimize for Speed".

Thanks for the info!
Jorge_CNL
Ok an update. One solution was to print using SumatraPDF, yea I know yet another app. Other solution was to print to our cups server using "Print Services for UNIX", as in adding the printers as described here to our Cups server: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457002.aspx

The cups server must have cups-lpd support for it to work.
larvlarv
In 'Advanced' preferences in the Acrobat print dialog box. Under PostScript Options, select 'Send for Each Page' for 'Font and Resource Policy'. Works for Mac and PC versions. This will hold as the default going forward. Hope that helps, 'cuz it fixed my woes.