These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Canon MP620 does not print from Acrobat Reader application (iMac)

Eltjo
Answered

Is there anyone who knows the solution to the following problem: I bought a Canon Pixma MP620 allinone printer, installed the software from the cd on my iMac with updated OS X Leopard and after that went to the Adobe site to get the newest update. I only use the USB connection for printing.

After having installed the software I have also installed the Canon printing software on my other computer, a PC with XP on it. I also use the USB connection with the PC.

Both computers are not in a network, I simply transfer the cord from one computer to the other.

It seems the iMac stopped printing pdf's from the Adobe Reader application after I have installed the software on the PC. I can print from other applications on the iMac like Apple's Preview program and NeoOffice. So it is an Adobe related problem.

I hope you can help me.

My Product Information:
Reader 8.1.2, Macintosh
Eltjo
FOUND A SOLUTION (it is strange it only affects pdf printing):

When I deleted the Canon printer in the system screen (faxing and printing) and added it again, I had to choose how to print (lowest choice). The default choice is "Canon MP620 series" or something like that. Instead I had to choose Canon IJ Printer. Then all of a sudden I could print pdf-files.
Strange!