These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Does Acrobat 9 Pro have a PDF/X-1a:2001 setting in Print Properties?

TozerP
Answered

I posted a query yesterday concerning my copy of Acrobat version 9.3.1 Standard and although there have been over 20 views, as yet no one has posted a reply.

I wonder if I have asked an awkward question?

In the meantime, it occured to me that maybe PDF/X-1a:2001 is available on the Pro edition.

Can anyone tell me that.

I have tried to get an answer to this problem and so far no one has it, not even Abobe Customer Support!

I would be really pleased if someone could help me with this.

Many thanks

Peter

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 9.2, Windows
smitchell15 (not verified)
Hi

I read ya post yesterday and was going to check at work today as we have versions of Standard at work but not at home! As i have the Pro version on Mac and PC and yes it does have the capabilities to create PDF/X-1a compliant files and validate them to. Standard for sure doesn't have the ability to verify them as that is a Preflight option and that is only available on the Pro version.

My instinct says no, as PDF/X files is a Print standard and because of that, i think that will class it to be in the Professional version only. If i remember tomoz, i'l have a look for you though :-)
TozerP
Thank you for your help with this, I really appreciate what you are doing.

If you are able to confirm at work for me I would be grateful.

I have spent so much time trying to work this out and it would seem that I am going to have to upgrade from Std to Pro.

I had hoped that an answer could be found within the statndard copy; the cost of a Pro upgrade is a whopping £170!

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers

Peter