These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

New feature (8.1.2) : This document is trying to print ...

joeln3
Answered

Hello everybody,

I'm using the Adobe API and with the new version of Adobe (8.1.2) this popup appears for each automatic print : "This document is trying to print. Do you want to allow this?".

Is this someone who know a solution or a workround?

Thanks,

Joël

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.2, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
You don't specify how you're controlling the printing but it sounds as though you've run into a security enhancement for 8.1.2. If you're using javascript you'll need to do this through a folder level JS file with a trustedFunction in order for it to work.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

kelvinjor
Hello lkassuba,

Our web application allows users to download and printout the documents in slient mode without user interaction. So with this new features in 8.1.2, could it be done?

Will adobe consider to skip this warning for pdfs from trusted site?

Thanks,

KJ
joeln3
Using TrustedFunction it's ok. I don't think that there is an option for the trusted site...

Thanks IKassuba,
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Yes, you can find more detail on privileged context in the [url=http://livedocs.adobe.com/acrobat_sdk/9/Acrobat9_HTMLHelp/JS_API_AcroJSPreface.87.1.php#1515775]Javascript for Acrobat API Reference[/url].

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.