These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Priniting Issues to HP DesignJet 1050C Plotter

Freddie81

Good morning.

We are using HP Computers with Windows 7 and are having problems printing large size documents to our 1050C Plotter by HP. I keep receiving this error. "Document could not be printed" then "No pages were selected". The typical size page that we are trying to print is a 24" x 36".

I have tried various ways of trying to fix, but have come up empty handed. On a side note I also use a Dell Computer running Windows 7 and have no problems printing from that.

My Product Information:
Reader 10.1, Windows
KellyMcC
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
There are a couple of things to try here:

1. Go to Acrobat, Help > Repair Acrobat Installation
2. Check Edit > Preferences > General - Deselect "Enable Protected Mode at startup" and restart Adobe Reader
3. Un-install & re-install Reader

Side note, Reader is now at 10.1.1, but I don't believe an update will resolve your issue.

Let me know.

Kelly McCathran
Adobe Community Expert
Certified Technical Trainer+

Freddie81
Thanks for the suggestions... None of them seemed to work.

I think I forgot a critical piece of information though.

Do to the size of the drawings that we are printing we are using the function to Process Document "In Computer" instead of the standard "In printer" which is found under the Printer Properties - Advanced Settings. I can get the documents to print if I use "In Printer", but get the error "Receiving Low Memory" which makes the document take forever to print.
KellyMcC
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
I found a little note on HPs website which says to Set ZoomSmart Scaling in the printer driver to 100%. I'm not sure this will help. The other thing to try is to go the print dialog, click Advanced. At the top check the box "Print As Image", you can set a resolution there. This may help get the file out.

Kelly McCathran
Adobe Community Expert
Certified Technical Trainer+