These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Print dialog box in Acrobat Reader 10.1.1 does not show all available network printers

drennman

Acrobat Reader 10.1.1.

Windows 7. Wireless network with three printers.

One printer is attached via USB to another computer (this printer is not wireless). I can print from all other applications, e.g. Word, Excel, Firefox, to this printer. This printer will show up in the list of available printers in the print dialog boxes for these apps. But for Acrobat Reader this printer does not show up and so cannot be used. (E.g. File=> Print => Print Dialog box.)

Is there an issue with Acrobat seeing printers that are connected to other computers or is there something I need to set up to have this work?

Thanks in Advance

My Product Information:
Reader 10.1, Windows
KellyMcC
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
I am not aware of an issue, can you share a screen shot of your printers (Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Printers) and a shot of your choices in the Acrobat print dialog?

I would also suggest submitting a bug report here:
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Kelly McCathran
Adobe Community Expert
Certified Technical Trainer+

lkassuba
ExpertTeam
drennman wrote:
Acrobat Reader 10.1.1.Windows 7. Wireless network with three printers.

One printer is attached via USB to another computer (this printer is not wireless). I can print from all other applications, e.g. Word, Excel, Firefox, to this printer. This printer will show up in the list of available printers in the print dialog boxes for these apps. But for Acrobat Reader this printer does not show up and so cannot be used. (E.g. File=> Print => Print Dialog box.)

Is there an issue with Acrobat seeing printers that are connected to other computers or is there something I need to set up to have this work?

Thanks in Advance
Can you do a quick check to see if this might be related to Protected Mode in Reader 10.1.1?
Try turning off the following preference temporarily Edit > Preferences > General > Enable Protected Mode at startup

If this corrects the problem, I would suggest turning Protected Mode back on and then check the box to "Create a Protected Mode log file" to see what the issue might be.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.