These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Print File Size - Acrobat Pro 9.3.2

MalcolmM

I work in Construction and use Acrobat Pro mainly for printing of Plans and the like with the ability to cut and extract protions of these drawings. I also create files from other applications to enable them to be sent via email to my subcontractors and clients.
When printing documents the print file size becomes very large - One example I have a file that was sent to me which is 6.18MB when I print it becomes 65MB. This is print as image and 300 dpi. If i deseklect print as image it becomes 137MB. What am I doing wrong. This obviously creates long printing times when these files are sent to our Sharp MX2700N as either A4 or A3 prints.

Malcolm M

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.3.1, Windows
hitanand
Can you please share one of the documents with which you are facing this problem.
pjh0
I've had a similar experience, though with different versions....

In response to a prompt from Adobe Reader today, I "upgraded" to Reader X from Reader 9.something.something. When I printed a pdf from a website I print from daily, the output file took half an hour to print when it normally prints in less than a minute. When everything else (Browser, Printer Driver, etc.) checked out, I uninstalled Reader X and installed Reader 9.4.2 from the Adobe website. At this point I realized that the printing delay with Reader X was because the size of the print file had grown from 543 KB with Reader 9 to 41.1 MB with Reader X, from the same source pdf!

I run Windows XP SP3 and browse using Firefox 3.6.13.