These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Print pdf to 11x17 in Acro Pro 8.1.4 on Mac 10.4.11

BryCas

Trying to print any 8.5x11 pdf @ 100% size to an 11x17 sheet so that I can show bleeds, crops, etc. The printer selects the proper paper/size, but the final output/image is cropped to 8.5x11 (not scaled). It's not a page size/selection issue. This happens when trying to output to both of my printers - HP DesignJet 120NR w/ OEM HP RIP and HP DeskJet 1220C w/ PowerRIP from iProofSystems (both support PS 2 & 3). Have tried various pdf's in both Acro Pro 8.1.4 and Acro Reader 9.x. I have also tried printing to these devices(s) using the non-PostScript drivers but have had no success. Have also tried specifying a 13x19 page/sheet and that also yielded the same results. It's almost like Acrobat is not sending down the proper page decsription to the device. All other apps (CS3, Quark, etc.) can print to 11x17 just fine.

All apps are up to date and the OS is generally clean and problem free. I'm very methodical when troubleshooting issues such as this but I'm now stumped. Have wasted gobs of ink and paper.

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Magaddino
I'm on an apple OS 10.4.11, using Acrobat Professional 8.2.1. I want to print large scale architectural pdf drawings on my HP DesignJet 650c. When I go to print the designJet is not listed as one of the available printers. What do I have to do to so that Acrobat Pro will see the HP printer?

JM