These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Printing a half-letter sized booklet from Acrobat 8.0 to Canon ir 3200

heather.petrig

I would like to print a half-letter-sized operation manual using the booklet option under finishing (so that the booklet comes out saddle-stitched and folded).

I can do this with a letter-sized (finished) document, but not the half-letter.

I have tried printing both an imposed PDF (in letter-sized spreads via the Acrobat virtual printer from InDesign "Print Booklet") and one not imposed and no spreads at the document's true specs.

Thank you for any and all help you can give me.

Sincerely,
Heather

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.1.2, Macintosh
Member1981
I am having the exact same problem. I have a half-letter document prepared in InDesign, and I can't seem to get it to print a folded letter booklet. It keeps coming out on tabloid. Help!
heather.petrig
Hi, Member1981,

I am sorry I have not updated my post since I last encountered this problem. According to our printer rep, this is a limitation of the printer and its associated software.

You can make the half letter doc using print booklet from InDesign (of course) then have someone copy the booklet and staple it by hand. (Make sure you choose 2-sided in the finishing tab of the printer and flip it about the correct axis.) However, this is inefficient and produces a poorer quality copy. It's not good document control practice, either.

The other option is to train the person doing the printing to use InDesign to print. You'd have to install it on his or her machine. This is not good doc control, either, though.

Anyway, hope this helps.

I will keep you posted;) on any possible solutions.

Kindest Regards,
Heather