These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Table Row Expansion stops after large text (> 500 words).

fionamayer@roge...
Answered

Desperate and tearing my hair out! I have a flowed subform with a table where rows stop expanding properly.
--A B C
One cell in each row (B1, B2 etc) expands for user text input. As soon as you input large volume of text, 500 words or more, the row stops expanding and cuts off at the bottom of the page. I have checked against Radzmar's sample table posting (2011-09-06) and it all looks good. I can email/post sample if anyone can help, please.
Thanks!

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 10.1, Windows
fionamayer@roge...
What I have found so far, it's in the XML code. The height settings for text and fields seem to be static instead of "minH".
is what it should be for all rows.
What it says for all rows after the first one is:

Getting there but it seems to be a bug - because all rows were created using table tool - anyone know more?

fionamayer@roge...
Accepted Answer
Solution: It's an arbitrary bug. In dynamic flowing table, it depends on width of column and size of table to where the expansion limit is. It occurs when you use the basic table style with mixed cells and default row(0) array. Example: There are 5 rows plus header/footer. Cell2 needs to vary in size depending on user input, format:
Table
Header Row
--Row(0)
---Cell1 Text
---Cell2 Text field (expanding)
---Cell3 Numeric field
--Row(1)
---Cell1 Text
---Cell2 Text field (expanding)
---Cell3 Numeric field
Footer Row
Problem occurs when Cell2 may have over a certain number of words (375 in this case) in it. Letter-size page, 3 even-sized columns. There comes a point when Cell2 will cut off on flowing to the next page or next row. So to be clear, flow and page-breaks work fine until you hit an arbitrary word cut off point. In this case had to set limit to 2410 chars for Cell2. In another table with 4 columns, had to set the character limit to 1530. Seems like the cell has an overload point.