These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Target 6.02 in Designer ES

auallan
Answered

I've recently been upgraded to Livecycle Designer ES and by default it appears that a forms target version is 7.0.5 or later.

The forms are very straightforward, static forms with no javascript (at least, none that I've added myself). I've been using Designer as I've found it quicker to add form elements, set tab order, etc then in Acrobat Pro.

In the Form Properties-> Defaults-> Target version drop down I don't have an option to target version 6 and have been creating the form in LS, then opening it in Acrobat Pro 9 and saving it as a Reader version 6 compatible. Is there a better way to do this or some settings I've missed that allows me to set the default version in Designer?

My Product Information:
LiveCycle Designer, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
You should have this option still available to you in LiveCycle ES (8.2.1). It's the last pull-down menu item under the menu you indicate. What exact version are you running?

FYI - There is also a good reference guide under this forum's FAQ that details what features work in different versions of Acrobat and/or Reader at: http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_target_82

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

auallan
Turns out its my own fault.
I had assumed the PDFs I were importing had been set as PDF Version 1.6 (which is what we've standardised on) however they were Version 1.7.