Cannot completely uninstall CS4 (only the Acrobat 9 Pro module) from Windows XP. My apologies but after running the uninstall, I'm not able to know the exact version (ie. 9.0, 9.1.x, 9.2, etc).
CS5 (Acrobat X) installation failure. During installation, Adobe installer thinks that Acrobat 9 is still installed and isn't able to complete the Acrobat X installation.
I've run the following to address the problem but nothing works.
1. Windows uninstall (uninstalled CS4 via the control panel)
- CS5 installs all modules except Acrobat X
2. Uninstalled (via Windows uninstall) CS5
- Noticed that CS4's uninstaller is still in the add/remove list and Acrobat 9
is still seen but impossible to remove
3. Adobe CS4 uninstaller (via Adobe download & run)
- CS4 is no longer visible via the control panel but all the Acrobat
files/folders remain on the C-drive and keys/links in the registry remain
4. Microsoft FixIt (via Microsoft download & run)
- Found CS4 references and removed them
5. Regedit (removing Acrobat 9 Pro links and installation keys)
Is there any other ways to completely remove a CS4 module (specifically Acrobat 9) completely so higher versions of the Adobe Suite can be installed properly?
Thanks in advance - Jaitlyn