These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat X integration with Sharepoint 2007

ext12

Hello,

I have checked knowledge bases at Microsoft and other places regarding an odd error and I thought I'd throw this out here and see if someone knows.

We have to processes for DM. A scanning of the paper that comes in that saves the filename with embedded information and has a semicolon as a separator in the name.

Ex. 1234567;DocumentType;20010218161130.pdf is the filename

We have no problems with this process. The scanner interfaces with the MOSS and moves the files to our drop folder where the Sharepoint workflow developed in Visual Studio grabs it and puts it in a folder based on the embedded information.

We are evaluating Acrobat X and a plug in MOSS connector called SwiftWriter. This is day 3 of trying to get it to work.

Using Acrobat X and the plug in that allows me to interact directly with the MOSS, I cannot save a file with semicolons in it.

If I remove the semicolons, it will save into the drop folder. The problem is I need them because we wrote the work flow to parse on the semicolons.

Based on articles I've read, semicolons should be OK. According to this article, these are the invalid characters:

http://www.thesug.org/mossasaurus/Wiki%20Pages/SharePoint%20Invalid%20Characters.aspx

Acrobat lets me save locally with semicolons in the name, but not to Sharepoint with this plug in. Because it works with the Scanner and semicolons are not invalid, I think it's with the Acrobat Plug in.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so, were you able to get it to work with embedded semicolons with Acrobat and a plug in?

I'd have to rewrite this Visual Studio WSP from scratch (the author is no longer here) to change it to something like dashes and I haven't a lot of experience with Sharepoint and VS, but if I get backed into the corner, I guess I'll struggle through it.

Thanks,

Bryon

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 10.0, Windows
ext12
gkaiseril
Expert
Different filing system, different naming rules.

You will find spaces in file name may also cause issues.

Use of special characters and spaces can cause problems with various file systems. It is best to avoid special characters and spaces whenever possible.

George Kaiser