These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Export to Word 2002

Sherry

Just got Acrobat 8 Professional. Have a PDF to convert to MS Word 2002. Error message "Acrobat was able to make this doc accessible but found the following oddities: Some font(s) missing info needed to determine the characters that correspond to the symbols (glyphs) in the font. [321 of 1385 glyphs (Arial_Bold0133, Arial0133)]

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8, Windows
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Hi Sherry,

Unless you need to make the PDF Accessible, you can turn this off before making the PDF. Under the Adobe PDF menu in Word, go to Change Conversion Settings, deselect the box Enable Accessibility and Reflow with tagged Adobe PDF.

Hope this helps,
Lori

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

Sherry
I didn't make the PDF, it is a report emailed to me. But I do need to make changes to the document. So I tried to convert to MSWord 2002, and the conversion comes out nonsense glyphs with that error message.
Sherry
I also tried converting to RTF and TXT format, but the same nonsense glyphs occur.
What is "font(s) missing info needed to determine the characters that correspond to the symbols (glyphs) in the font (321 of 1385 glyphs (Arial_Bold0133, Arial0133)"? How can I convert this emailed PDF to a modifiable document?
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Hi Sherry,

The original creator of your Word file did not embed the fonts when they made the PDF. So, when you try to export the PDF to Word a font substitution is made.
One option you have is to embed the fonts (if you have them on your system) then try re-exporting. You can use the Touch-Up tool to embed fonts that are availabile to you on your system.

Hope this helps,
Lori

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.