These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Since loading Acrobat 8 Word 2003 has become very slow at opening documents.

tskailes

I have recently purchased Acrobat 8. Since the installation I find that when switching between windows any Word document takes some while to load and become editable, and usually has the message 'Word is finishing analysing your document' at the bottom of the window, with a progress bar. The whole process takes a several seconds for small documents, but much longer for large documents. It really slows down the flow of work, making it frustrating. The same problem occurs in Outlook 2003 when opening messages in Word. My net searches suggest that it may be a problem with the Acrobat PDF macros - I want to keep the PDF buttons on my toolbar though, for converting reports with automatic bookmarks etc. I can't find much about this problem anywhere on the web though.

Thanks
Tom

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.0999999999999996447286321199499070644378662109375, Windows
dbaker
Expert
Hi --

Sounds like there may be some problem with your installation. Open Acrobat, and choose Help > Repair Acrobat Installation. The program will check out all the PDFMakers, as well as Distiller, Acrobat and Adobe PDF printer installations and make any corrections.donna.

A prolific author and writer of many Acrobat books, as well as books on graphic and Web design software.
Donna lives on a lakeshore in central Canada, where all manner of wildlife from muskrats to coyotes come to call.