These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Pro 7.0.9 Error

coachbro

Using WinXP, and Acrobat Pro 7.0.9, every time I try to look at a PDF file online I get a memory error saying cannot read reference at 0x00000008. This started recently. any ideas why I can't see pdf's? I can open pdf files on my hard drive just fine.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 7.0.9, Windows
pddesigner
When you stated "This started recently" it makes me suspect that (1.) you may have received a virus or Acrobat is no longer associated with .pdf file extension.

My suggestions:
(1.) Run a virus check
If all is well,
(2.)Check your Vitural Memory setting
(3.)Run a Repair Acrobat Installation from within Acrobat or through thw Windows Control panel.

The pdf file you are trying to open may be corrupt or damaged. Try to get another copy or contact the author to find out if the pdf was developed with a third party application.

My favorite quote - "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

coachbro
I did all that you suggested, no luck. It seems that it did it just after I updated to 7.0.9 It does not do it on my other machine which is only updated to 7.0.8
pddesigner
If you haven't resolved this problem, please re-post the question again. Someone will respond who may have a solution.

My favorite quote - "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.