These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

why are my 300dpi images becoming 200ppi in my pdf?

maxineallen

Can anyone help me?

I am creating pdf's from Quarkexpress. My images are all 300dpi, I am using the 'Press Quality' settings but when I run preflight on my pdf it tells me that all my images are only 200dpi.

What am I doing wrong?

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.0, Windows
maxineallen
I've sorted it.
Just in case anyone else has the same problem...

I had reduced the size of my images to 75% in Quark originally. When I used the images at 100% the pdf result was perfect - all images 300dpi.
glock19
If you are dropping PS into Distiller, with Press Quality setting selected, go to Settings/Edit Adobe PDF settings. It will launch the settings window for Press Quality. Under the 2nd tab, "Images", turn Sampling off in all 3 sections (Color Images, Grayscale Images, and Monochrome Images). This will prevent Distiller from modifying your images.

SCook

glock19
Sorry I misunderstood your original post. I ran a test and my images are coming out 200 dpi also. I will keep working to find a resolution...............

SCook

glock19
When Printing from Quark, in the print dialogue box, try and select Full Resolution Tiff output and see if that makes a difference. Also you make just want to export directly from Quark.

SCook

maxineallen
Thanks glock19, I'll try it. Can you confirm what you mean by 'export directly from Quark'