These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat file creation error 114

rbenton

Back in April 2008, "Chris" reported getting the "The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (114)" error message when trying to save a document created in PDF from Paperport. I've just encountered the same problem. I read "ppdesigner"'s reply, and don't believe it helps.

I had been converting a number of documents previously saved in the inherent Paperport ".max" format to PDFs. I had successfully done so with approximately 30 pages, often grouping several into a single PDF file. Suddenly, one page, and only that page, of a three-page document, generated the same error condition. I tried OCRing the page into Word, but I lost the pictures; the OCR function didn't do particularly well anyway.

Pertinent (or not) info:

Acrobat Professional 6.0.6, with all current updates
Windows XP SP2 with all updates
Paperport 9.1.0
Document no longer available to rescan
3.0 GHz Pent IV CPU; 3GB RAM

Thoughts, anyone? Chris -- did you ever solve your problem?

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 6.0.6, Windows
bluewater
Try this.... worked for me......

Open the PDF. Go to File > Properties > Description > Additional Metadata > Advancedtry deleting some of the additional metadata. For me, the problem entry was this one.......

http://ns.adobe.com/illustrator/1.0
-- illustrator:StartupProfile: Print

Once deleted, happy days.

Unfortunately I can't help with preventing this as I have no idea how this dodgy metadata got there. I was just given the task of fixing the PDFs sent to me.