These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Full Screen Mode, Displays Oversize, Want it to Display at 100%

creativemind
Answered

So In the properties of my pdf I have it set to open FULL SCREEN so that I can see the page transitions.

But I also have it set to display at "Actual Size" which for some reason after I set it goes to 100%.

My problem is that on load of the PDF it continuously loads "filling the screen" and "over enlarging the document past 100% actual size."

How can I have the Document open to FULL SCREEN Mode but view at 100% and NOT Over fill and scale the document up?

Thank You!

Robert

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 9.3.1, Macintosh
Merlin
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
Hi,

put that JavaScript into the PDF as a document level script (Advanced menu > Document processing > Document JavaScripts)[i]app.fs.isFullScreen = true;
this.zoom = 100;[/i]

And don't check anything in the Initial view settings.

;-)
creativemind
Thank you so much for the reply, I just tried it and it worked great!

Thank you again.

Robert
Merlin
Acrobat 9ExpertTeam
Merlin wrote:
And don't check anything in the Initial view settings.
Sorry: Simply don't check the "Full screen" option. Other are OK.
DoodleDo
Hi, I'm trying to achieve the same results but am an absolute novice with Java Script and can't get it to work. Can you tell me what is wrong with the script below, many thanks ...

function FullScreenTrue()
{
[i]app.fs.isFullScreen = true;
this.zoom = 100;[/i]
}
Dimitri
Expert
Hi DoodleDoo,

Unfortunately, the forums added tags when Merlin entered his code that do not belong in the code, in this case the [i] and [/i] tags in the code you copied. Try that same code but leave out those tags- I'll try it here but not sure if it is going to show up correctly or not-

app.fs.isFullScreen = true;
this.zoom = 100;

Hope this helps,

Dimitri
DoodleDo
Thanks for your reply Dimitri,

With a bit of fiddling, FINALLY got there!!

Should have taken Merlin's advice more literally, as in only enter the script he gave.

You need to delete the script that appears automatically ...

function FullScreen()
{
}

then enter the following amended script you offered ...

app.fs.isFullScreen = true;
this.zoom = 100;

Like I said , I'm an absolute JavaScript novice. Many thanks for your help

Chris
UVSAR
Expert
You don't need the function definition and brackets - the Document JavaScripts editor always gives you an empty function prototype when you create a new entry, but it'll only *execute* a function if it's called by name. If you delete the prototype and just type in the two lines of code Dimitri gave you, it'll run when the document opens.
DoodleDo
Thanks UVSAR, just realised that myself and amended my response before you posted yours, many thanks anyway