These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Hyperlinks dead when converting Word 2003 to PDF with Adobe 8 Pro

dakotajohn

I have Word documents that I convert to PDF quarterly and then publish to our company website. With previous verisons of Adobe this procedure worked fine. I was just updated to Adobe 8 Professional and now the hyperlinks don't work. Most are simple links to the top of the document. They show up in the PDF blue and underlined but also with small 'dots' on either side and they are inactive. I have also noticed that all my headings and Table of Contents have these 'dots' in front of them.
I have read dozens of posts on this topic and verified all the settings in PDF Maker to match the "Hyperlink troublshooting" tips suggested by a Moderator on a previous post.
I use Windows XP Pro with SP2
Word 2003
Adobe 8 Professional and Reader 8.

My Product Information:
Acrobat Pro 8.0, Windows
gkaiseril
Expert
Has the PDF maker macro been enabled in MS Word 2003. Microsoft tends to block all non-MS scripts unless you specifically authorize their use.

George Kaiser

abhigyan
Expert
If you haven't already done so, update your Acrobat 8 to the latest patch - 8.1.4.
dakotajohn
PDF Macro is enabled in Word so that does not appear to be the problem. I will contact our help desk to get them to install the latest patches.
Thank you both for your suggestions. I will update my comments on the results of the patch
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Do you (or have you had) multiple versions of Acrobat installed on your system? Have you tried Repairing your Acrobat installation?

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

dakotajohn
There were previous versions of Acrobat which had been uninstalled. I had tried the repair feature which did not resolve the issue. I checked with our IT dept with regards to the patches a previous post mentioned and was told they were not 'verified' for our network. We have a very large network of approximately 10,000 users in the US and even more globally so there are many restrictions placed on work stations for security purposes.
We finally resolved the issue by doing a complete wipe of my drive and re-imaging of the core programs and then re-installing Adobe. Everything is now working correctly.
Thank you very much for your assistance, it is GREATLY appreciated!
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Thanks for the update.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.