These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

PDF creation from Word 2007

Dewcal

I am running Acrobat 8.1.1 Professional on a WinXP SP2 PC and have the following problems since upgrading to Word 2007 and acrobat 8.

1 Word documents including text boxes produced in Word 2000 would convert fully when using Acrobat 6. When I started with Word 2007 and Acrobat 6, I could still get a full conversion into pdf.

Since installing Acrobat 8, no text boxes will convert to pdf. As a work around, I have been forced to put the text into a table and this converts okay.

2 I have just created a page of labels in Word 2007 containing an eps logo. This displays correctly in Word and will print perfectly in hard copy. I am unable to convert to a pdf. If I try via print to pdf, I get a sheet with correct text and a black & blue square where the logo should be. If I try to use the Acrobat icons in Word, the conversion starts and then Word / Acrobat freeze.

I have tried re-entering my personal details and seen no change (as per other suggestions in the forum).

I have spoken with Technical support and emailed them at their request but have never had any response (over a week ago now).

Is there anyway around this other than buy another pdf creation system to use with Word 2007?

Any help appreciated.
Dave

lkassuba
ExpertTeam
Couple of suggestions 1) make sure you have the Adobe PDF printer set as the default before creating the PDF 2) Try turning off the "Enable Accessibility and Reflow with Tagged Adobe PDF in the Acrobat PDFMaker macro in Word.

Also, you can try saving a copy of your Word file as RTF and then try converting.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

Dewcal
Thanks for prompt response - I can answer as follows -

1 pdf is default printer. Why should this be required as it never was before?

2 Have unchecked box "Enable" and no difference.

3 Unable to save as rtf file as it looks for a network - this does not happen on newly created files.

4 Appears to be able to save files containing jpg images (even with "Eanble" checked) - what is issue with text boxes & eps files?Dave
lkassuba
ExpertTeam
1) Selecting the pdf printer as default is not required. It's just that Word will recompose a document based on the printer you have selected, which can be avoided if you have it set as the default.
3) I think your problem with using the PDFMaker macro is related to the network issue. Is there a way you can get this to work?
4) Do you have track changes on in Word 2007, if so, turn it off. Also, disable transparency in Word to see if this changes things.

Lori Kassuba is an AUC Expert and Community Manager for AcrobatUsers.com.

Dewcal
Thanks for response. Have moved all files onto PC from remote laptop and issue is still there. Have closed track changes to no avail. Have no idea how to disable transparency in Word as have never knowingly used same.

Downloaded Office SP1 and no change has been seen.