Creating a custom dynamic stamp using Acrobat XI
Lori Kassuba December 14, 2012
- Open the Comments pane, Annotations panel, select the Stamp Tool and choose Custom Stamps > Create Custom Stamp from the menu.
- Click on the Browse... button to create a stamp image from any of the files types listed in the Open dialog. All file types are converted to pdf.
- Click OK. Select the Dynamic category, name the stamp and click OK.
- Open the newly created PDF stamp file from your system user-specific directory. The file will appear arbitrarily named.
- Win 7: \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0\Stamps
- Win XP: \Documents and Settings\[username]\ApplicationData\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0\Stamps
- Mac OS X 10.8.x: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/11.0/Stamps
- Open the Tools pane, Forms panel and select Edit. In the Add or Edit Form Fields dialog choose No.
- From the Add New Field Dropdown select Text Field. Place and name the field where you want the date to appear.
- Double click on the form field and select the Calculate tab. Choose the Custom calculation script: radio button and select the Edit... button.
- Close Form Editing mode and Save the file. Rename the stamp file for easy reference.
- To use the dynamic stamp on multiple computers install the file in the following program directory.