How to add a retweet button to PDF using Acrobat XI
Donna Baker June 22, 2013
- Upload the PDF file to share to your web site or blog, and note the file's URL.
- Select and download your desired Twitter logo here: https://twitter.com/logo.
- In Acrobat XI, open the Tools pane, and choose Add Button from the Interactive Objects panel.
- Click the page with the Add Button tool to draw a rectangle. Release the mouse to show the Field Name dialog box and then click All Properties.
- The Button Properties dialog box opens and displays the General tab; type a name and tooltip for the button.
- On the Appearance tab and set the Border Color and Fill Color to None.
- On the Options tab, choose Icon Only from the Layout dropdown list and then click Choose Icon.
- Click Browse to locate and select an image format such as PNG, GIF, JPEG, or PDF. Click OK.
- On the Actions tab, choose Open a Web Link from the Select Action drop-down list. Click Add to open the Edit URL field.
- Type the Twitter URL http://twitter.com/?status=RT: followed by your link's URL and click OK. *
- Test the link on your document page.
* You can include the Tweet in the Edit URL field. In order for hashtags to work, you need to replace the # with %23.