How to conform to PDF standards using Acrobat XI
Donna Baker September 23, 2012
- For quick conversions, choose File > Save as Other > and choose Archivable PDF (PDF/A) or Press-Ready PDF (PDF/X).
- Click the Standards button to open the panel, only available following Standards conversions.
- The panel lists the name of the standard the document conforms to. Click Verify Conformance to check the document for compliance. The Status changes to verification succeeded.
- In a PDF/A compliant document, a blue document message bar will appear. To make changes, click Enable Editing.
- A message explains that the document loses its Standards Compliance. Click OK to continue.
- To convert other PDF files to various standards, open the Print Production tools and click Preflight in Acrobat XI Pro.
- Choose from many different Standards.
- Select the standard you want to check and click Analyze or Analyze and Fix.
- To create a WCAG2 , PDF/UA compliant document run the Accessibility Checker and receive a valid result in Acrobat XI Pro.