These forums are now Read Only. If you have an Acrobat question, ask questions and get help from one of our experts.

Acrobat 9: Error message 110: Doc could not be saved

LisaToo

Hello,
I have been using new Acrobat Standard 9.3 for a few weeks. Having a problem with a certain pdf sent to me that was created in Acrobat 6. I can open and mark edits on the pdf but cannot save or resave it. I get this message: "The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (110)." Also, in that same pdf, several random pages would not display or print the entire page; just about 1/4 of the way down looks and then the rest was blank white space. the pdf is a mix of text and table and charts. The three or four other people who have worked with this doc are all using Acrobat 6 and no one else is having the problems I am. The file is not read-only and has no security restrictions. Have tried saving as different name/in different location; opening directly from e-mail as attachment, opening Acrobat first then trying to access file; downloading from e-mail through Firefox; downloading from e-mail on a different computer through Internet Explorer. I have been working with this same group on several other pdfs, some much larger, with no problem at all. What is it about this particular one? Any thoughts? Much appreciated!!

My Product Information:
Acrobat Standard 9.3.1, Windows
trudolph
This was a common problem that I first saw in A8. You would get a A6 pdf and open it in A8(9), work with it a bit, and when you tired to save it you get the 110. What I did was go to thumbnails (pages now) and copy all the pages to an existing A8(9) pdf. Then I would save the new pdf and delete my filler page. The new pdf would never show the 110 again.

Maybe this work around will work for you.