How to audit and optimize a PDF file using Acrobat XI Pro
Donna Baker August 25, 2014
- In Acrobat Pro., select File > Save as Other > Optimized PDF.
- In the PDF Optimizer, click Audit Space Usage.
- Review the list of document contents, and the amount of space used. Click OK to close the dialog.
- Click Settings and pick an option, such as Mobile.
- Click the Images heading to review the Image Settings. Mobile downsamples images to 96ppi.
- Click the Fonts heading and make sure all the fonts are embedded.
- Click the Transparency heading to review the settings.
- Click the Discard Objects heading. Pick objects settings to remove from the file, such as form fields and thumbnails.
- Click the Discard User Data heading. Pick information to remove from the file, such as comments and metadata.
- Click the Clean Up heading. Pick clean up settings such as removing invalid content and optimizing the file for fast web view.
- Click OK.
- Choose a storage location and name the file. Click Save.
- Choose File > Save as Other > Optimized PDF and click Audit Space Usage to open the dialog. Compare the size of the file components after optimizing.